Valentine's Day Popcorn Mix



When I think of Valentine’s Day I think of sweet treats. Every year the treats vary - I’ve made everything from heart shaped paleo coconut poundcake with coconut whipped cream to red velvet sandwich cookies. This year I decided to make something that was pretty simple but still tasty - Valentine’s Day popcorn. Although I am not a personal fan of sweet popcorn (kettlecorn is NOT my friend), I know that my son has a party coming up at school and kids and adults alike will go crazy for this sweet and salty treat. As a matter fact, to be honest, despite my aversion to kettlecorn, I actually really like my Valentine’s Day popcorn which should sell you on it immediately!


I picked up all of the ingredients I needed for the recipe at Walmart.  This recipe is quick and easy, as a matter of fact, it is so easy that I’m not going to give you specific measurements. This is one of those recipes that can vary depending on your personal taste preferences so any way you do it, it will be delicious! You start with popcorn - I used microwave popcorn but you can use any method that works for you. Pop your popcorn and place it in a large bowl. As the popcorn pops, melt white chocolate according to package instructions. I used Wilton white candy melts ($2.47). Place the popcorn in a large bowl and drizzle with melted chocolate - as much or as little as you like. Since I am not a lover of sweets, I went pretty light and used about a quarter of the bag for 4-5 cups of popcorn.
Sprinkle warm popcorn with pink or red sprinkles - I used Wilton Tall Valentines Sprinkles ($3.29). Next add Chex mix for the salty and M&Ms Valentine’s Milk chocolate Cupid’s Mix ($2.88) for more sweet. Again, the ratios are according to your personal taste buds and I suppose tasting as you go is part of the fun!



Finally, place the Valentine’s Day popcorn mix into Wilton’s Treat bags ($4.25) and it is ready for your child’s class party or as gifts for your loved ones! Of course, this treat can simply be for you to eat. If you have leftovers that you want to save for later, be sure to place them in an airtight container. This Valentine’s Day treat is sure to be a hit!

Enjoy your own Valentine's Day baking. If you are looking for even more ideas, here are some from the rest of the Walmart Moms:

Strawberry Filled Cupcakes

Tips for Perfect Cake Pops

Easy Sweetheart Cake Pops

Heart Shaped Rice Krispy Treats

How to Melt Chocolate in a Silicone Pan

Strawberry Cheesecake Milkshake

Saltine Cracker Toffee

Dark Chocolate Truffles

Hearts on a Stick

No Bake Valentines Peanut Butter Crispy Square

Valentines Cracker Candy

Brownie Hearts



Comments

Popular Posts