Maybelline The Nudes Eyeshadow Palette Spring Makeup look




The makeup trend that is hot this season is nudes. I have already shared with you a minimalist look but today I’d like to share one that focuses on the eyes. I am completely in love with nudes. Surprisingly, you can create a variety of looks that are “nude” and one of the staples I suggest you have in your makeup kit is Maybelline’s The Nudes eyeshadow palette ($9.98). This palette is composed of 13 different shadows in various shades of nude and dark shadows that can be used to create a smoky eye. To create a nude look on my eyes I started with my brows.


I will emphasis this every single time I showcase a beauty look - the brows are the most important aspect of your look! Having well groomed brows can change the overall look of your face and you can go sans makeup when your brows are slayed to perfection. I begin by using concealer above my brow and on my brow bone. This helps to accentuate the shape of my brows. I follow up by using a brow enhancer. In this instance, I used Wet and Wild’s coloricon bown ($1.93)pencil in brunette. This has a brush on one end and the pencil on the other. I brushed my brows and filled with feather strokes using the pencil. I HIGHLY recommend choosing a brow pencil that is one shade lighter than your natural color so that you don’t have a harsh drawn in eyebrow look. We want dynamic brows, not the clown look!


For my shadows, I used the lightest cream color on my brow bone. After applying a primer, I brushed my entire lid with the metallic brown included in the collection. For the far corners of my eyelid I used the darkest (almost black) color in the palette. And finally I used the metallic gold on the inner corner of my eye and lined my lower lash line with it. This brightens my eyes and is a neat trick to use especially if you have dark eye circles.

I lined my eyes with L’Oreal infallible smokissime ($7.97) powder eyeliner pen. It has an unusual shaped tip (you can see it in my video below) and I was a little worried that I’d have a thicker line than I wanted. However, I was pleasantly surprised that I was able to get the thin line I wanted by using this liner. This is a powder so there is fallout but you can clean that up easily with a qtip. Also, if you want a heavy smoky eye, this liner is perfect for creating that effect.


Finally, I used L’Oreal Paris Volumimnous Miss Manga mascara ($6.97). I really like this mascara, it was clump free and actually did provide my lashes with volume and length. I am totally in love with this complete look and am looking forward to playing with the The Nudes palette to see what other looks I can create. All of the items that I used were purchased at Walmart.





Check out my video below for more info!









Comments

Popular Posts