My son and I made the cupcakes and I admit to eating two but I sent the rest to school the next day. And I have to tell you the Principle of my son’s school told me they were delicious and that he was the star of his class for bringing in the delicious treat. I have a few other things up my sleeve for my son to bring to school. I like bringing joy and yes, I have healthy options but sometimes you just have to give kids a sweet treat!
Lucky Charms Cupcakes
reprinted from Betty Crocker
- 1 Box Betty Crocker SuperMoist yellow or devil's food cake mix
- Water, vegetable oil and eggs called for on cake mix box
- 1 container Rich and Creamy Vanilla frosty
- 3 cups Lucky Charms Cereal (I only used a few of the marshmallows on each cupcake)
- Heat oven to 350°F (325°F for dark or nonstick pans). Place paper baking cup in each of 24 regular-size muffin cups.
Make and bake cake mix as directed on box for 24 cupcakes. Cool in pans 10 minutes; remove from pans to cooling rack. Cool completely, about 30 minutes.
Frost cupcakes with frosting. Top each cupcake with 2 tablespoons cereal; sprinkle with glitter. Store loosely covered.
Disclosure: I am a Box Tops for Education Blogger and was sent the items to make this recipe and as usual all views are my own.