Game Time Chili!



Fantasy Football teams have been chosen, preseason is over so you know what that means.....tonight the NFL season kicks off! It’s GAME TIME! I’ve mentioned on more than one occasion that I am a football fan and that I’ve evolved into one over the last few years. I’m still a bit challenged keeping track of all the players on the field but I certainly have the basics down to a science and this year I’ve even started watching college football (which moves really fast). The one thing that I have achieved expert status on is ensuring everyone watching the game (even if that means only me) has a wonderful game time food experience!

Walmart asked me to share one of my game time recipes and I am more than happy to oblige. Today I am sharing my veggie chili recipe. Of course if you eat meat feel free to add it to the mix! To keep things simple I use mostly canned ingredients but please don’t let that deter you because the final product is delicious!



I start with diced tomatoes - my favorites are Rotel chili fixings diced tomatoes with chilis and Hunt’s spicy red pepper diced tomoatoes. I also use Hunts tomato sauce. With the addition of 2 cans of kidney beans you have a nice base. To replace the meat that is usually found in chili I use Morningstar veggie crumbles. Delicious!





I place all of these ingredients in a crockpot add some seasonings and let it slow cook for an hour and a half on high. You can let it  cook on low for as long as you want after the additional cooking, I find it tastes better the longer you let it simmer. Perfect for both eating at home or tailgating because with my crockpot I can travel with no spills!

I don’t think you will have any complaints at Game time if you prepare this chili and while folks are waiting for the main event, you can also serve some TGIF mozerella sticks. 


A quick 8 minute appetizer! And fyi, all of the products I used for Game Time are available at Walmart which is your one stop solution with a low price guarantee for all your Game Time needs - including the crockpot!





Game Time Chili
1 can Rotel Chili Fixin’s tomatoes and green chillis
1 can Hunts Diced tomatoes with Spicy Red pepper
1 can Hunts Tomato Sauce
1 package Morningstar Farms Mealstarters Grillers recipe crumbles
2 bay leaves
1 tsp (or more) Chili powder

Method
Add all ingredients to crockpot. Cook on high for an hour and a half. Enjoy! 




Comments

Popular Posts