New York Giants - GAME TIME!

I am from New York! 

Well, from my photo you can tell that I am game day ready and all about the NEW YORK GIANTS! Go BIG BLUE!!! Did you see my boys play on Sunday? They came from behind for the win! It was absolutely awesome and everything that a great football game should be! 

How did I watch the game? With all of my paraphrenalia of course! As you can see I am proudly wearing my Giants tee, rocking out with a fleece Giants blanket and my pilsner filled with my secret recipe.......

That I made using my new Oster blender. 


Mr. Coffee and Oster blender

Oh yes, my Texas margaritas are a game time essential! The perfect blend of beer, tequila and lemon and lime. This refreshing drink packs a kick but is deceivingly smooth so watch out. It was blended to perfection with the Oster 14 speed party jar blender which holds enough for 8 servings. My favorite feature is the chop and grind blade because it had no problem chopping up the ice that is essential for my recipe! 


Texas Margarita

Ingredients: 
1/2 cup of tequila
2 12 oz bottles of beer (I use corona light)
Juice from 2 lemons
Juice from 2 limes
Juice from 1 navel orange
1 tablespoon agave nectar
1 cup of ice

Method:
Blend all ingredients until smooth. ENJOY! Please be sure to drink responsibly! 

Ah, yes. But I must serve something with the margaritas, we aren't on a liquid diet and need munchies during the game. So, I utilized my Crockpot Triple Dipper! I love this thing! 


As you can see, the triple dipper has room for 3 different types of dips. Each has an individual warmer to keep dips heated. I chose to make two cold dips and one hot dip. I served guacamole, red pepper dip (made with almonds), and a spinach dip. With the exception of the spinach dip, everything else was Paleo approved. I even made plantain chips! And baby carrots for easy dipping.  Who says you can't have healthy eating choices on game day????

I guess I can share my recipe for guacamole with you - it is so simple you will wonder why you haven't been making it!


Guacamole

Ingredients: 
2 ripe avocados
1/4 white onion
juice of 1 lime
3 tablespoons chopped cilantro
1 cup cherry tomatoes chopped
1 jalepeño pepper

Method: 
Cut avocados in half and spoon the meat out into a bowl. Chop the onion and add to avocado. Add lime juice, chopped cilantro and cherry tomatos. Chop jalepeño (remove seeds if you don't like heat) and add to bowl. Mix everything and serve! 




Finally, the Mr. Coffee café latte maker is handy for the cool days of fall. Although I am not a huge coffee drinker, I do have it now and again and am totally excited about the cool days approaching because I am going to make pumpkin pie spiced latte- using almond milk of course! In the meantime, a nice refreshing cup of chai latte was just what the doctor ordered after all of my screaming during the game! 

So what do you think? Do you like my game time set-up? You can enter to win your own (the appliances that I used plus many more) game time set-up by visiting here. Good luck! 


Disclosure: I am a Walmart mom and was compensated and/or received products for my time writing and developing this post. All opinions are my own. 





Comments

click here said…
Wow. Healthy juice to refresh the day.

Popular Posts