Holiday Entertaining DIY Centerpiece


Over the past few years I’ve truly embraced the fact that what I once considered a “temporary/starter home” and didn’t invest much into decorating now is truly my home. After living in my home for 7 years, I finally painted my bedroom. My son’s room was the only room that I decorated and painted for years, then I did my guest room and last year my own space. I found that once I started decorating, painting and making the once bear walls my own, I loved my home!


Over the past few years I’ve truly enjoyed making items for my home like the Starburst Clock and holiday wreaths, as well as ensuring I have a very nice table decor for both myself and for guests that visit. We are in the midst of the holidays and I expect to have friends and family over to visit. If I am doing an informal drinks and hor dourves get together, one of the things that I insist upon myself is to have a centerpiece for my table that reflects the season. For the holidays this year I picked a simple motif, featuring Walmart’s Better Homes and Gardens Square Porcelain dinnerware. Dual purposes for my dinnerware? I love it!






I decided that this year it’d be nice to have a “rustic” looking centerpiece that could carry my table through the entire holiday season. I used cinnamon scented pine colored pine cones and a few miniature ornaments that I had in my craft room. For the base of my centerpiece I used a mug from my dinnerware, I topped that with a large plate.  Next, I added the pine cones, arranging the colored ones as randomly as possible. Ha! That is not random, I actually wanted to distribute the colors around the plate.



Finally I strategically placed the ornaments. The perfect accent for the pine cone display. I simply adore this centerpiece. It is simple and inexpensive to make and looks beautiful. Those words are music to my ears! I hope that I’ve inspired you to try your hand at making a centerpiece for the holiday season. If you choose to do so, I am sure you will receive compliments from your guests!



Comments

Popular Posts