Summer Beauty Essentials on a budget



Hot times in the summer! Atlanta is certainly living up to its nickname Hotlanta! I personally love it, well, except for at the moment because my A/C is broken for the 7th time in 7 years. But that is another story. It is hot here and time for festivals, pools, and summer festivals. It is also the time of the year when my skin is sun-kissed and it is important for me to take good care of it. Walmart asked me to share my summer beauty essentials with you, so here we go!




There are a few things that are essential for my make-up kit during the summer and I want to share them with you. After my regular skin care routine using Equate products I start with Neutrogena sport face oil free sunscreen SPF 70($9.92).  I have hyperpigmentation so it is important for me to always wear a sunscreen of at least 30. In addition, against popular belief, African Americans can get melanoma so it is important for us to wear sunscreen too!  This brand is water resistant (80 minutes), doesn’t clog pores and is the #1 Dermatologist recommended brand. It feels light weight when I put it on and it doesn’t affect the application of my makeup.



Next I use Revlon 24 hour ColorStay Foundation for oily/combination skin in Caramel. I absolutely love this foundation and at $9.98 it is available at a great price point. This foundation wears well, I don’t find it coming off on my phone or when I sweat and it keeps the shine down on hot summer days.  This is so important for me because I sweat, a lot, especially here in HotLanta! I like the coverage because you can layer it to be as light or heavy as you like. This is particularly important for the areas on my skin where I have dark spots. Speaking of dark spots, next up is my concealer.




The Black Radiance Under Eye Color Corrector ($4.99). I have serious dark circles as a result of medication I was taking for my acne earlier this year. I have never had this problem before so it is something I am quite self-conscious about. Luckily they are getting better but in the meantime, I use this concealer. It is a three step process, since I generally do not wear eye shadow in the summer unless I go out, on most days I skip step 1, the primer. I just dive right into step 2, the concealer and lightly apply it to my dark circles and areas where I have hyperpigmentation. Step 3, is a setting powder and the combination works really well.





My final essential is my Revlon Just Bitten Kissable Lip Stain ($6.48) in Rendezvous. A pretty orange coral color that is perfect for summer. I love this lip stain because it is so very moisturizing and my lips have a tendency to get dry during the summer. This keeps my lips moisturized with a touch of color and they feel great!


So all of this for just $31.37! There are a few other products that I keep on hand in my make-up case and you can see them all in the video below!



My summer makeup essentials are affordable and work extremely well. If you try them out please let me know how you like them!




Comments

Popular Posts