Lucky Charms Cupcakes for St. Patrick's Day



Earlier this week I gave you a very healthy option for St. Patrick’s Day. Well, today is another day and I’m going to give you a recipe that the kids will love! I believe in indulging my son occasionally and what better way to indulge him than with cupcakes? I do not allow my son to eat sugary sweet cereal for breakfast and quite frankly I don’t care what the sugar content is but if it is really sweet, he can’t have it. And Lucky Charms falls into that category for me. You have to understand, I get this honest. As a child I rarely if ever was given a sweetened cereal, I was a Cheerios girl (before there was a multitude of options, simply the regular Cheerios). On special occasions I could have a little something but for the most part Cheerios. And I actually didn’t crave the others because I never had them. My son eats like I did as a child but somewhere along the way he became aware of Lucky Charms and asked if he could have some. I wasn’t a tyrant mom, I simply said one day....


And St Patrick’s Day and General Mills provided me with the perfect option- Lucky Charms Cupcakes! The recipe is from the Betty Crocker kitchen and the great part about the entire thing is that the cereal, cake and frosty all have Box Tops for Education so I am able to help my school fundraise by making these cupcakes and you can do this too! If you aren’t familiar with Box Tops check out the website which gives you a full listing of all participating products but they range from cereal to copy paper, Ziplock bags, and even Cicadia Farms bars which my son loves. For each Box Top collected, participating schools receive ten cents and be on the lookout for double Box Tops and bonuses!



My son and I made the cupcakes and I admit to eating two but I sent the rest to school the next day. And I have to tell you the Principle of my son’s school told me they were delicious and that he was the star of his class for bringing in the delicious treat. I have a few other things up my sleeve for my son to bring to school. I like bringing joy and yes, I have healthy options but sometimes you just have to give kids a sweet treat!




Lucky Charms Cupcakes
reprinted from Betty Crocker

Ingredients

1 Box Betty Crocker SuperMoist yellow or devil's food cake mix
Water, vegetable oil and eggs called for on cake mix box
1 container Rich and Creamy Vanilla frosty
3 cups Lucky Charms Cereal (I only used a few of the marshmallows on each cupcake)

Method
Heat oven to 350°F (325°F for dark or nonstick pans). Place paper baking cup in each of 24 regular-size muffin cups.

Make and bake cake mix as directed on box for 24 cupcakes. Cool in pans 10 minutes; remove from pans to cooling rack. Cool completely, about 30 minutes.

Frost cupcakes with frosting. Top each cupcake with 2 tablespoons cereal; sprinkle with glitter. Store loosely covered.

Disclosure: I am a Box Tops for Education Blogger and was sent the items to make this recipe and as usual all views are my own. 

Comments

Popular Posts