Reward Yourself!

This week I reached a milestone in my weight loss journey, I have officially lost 40 pounds! It is amazing to me that in a little over four months I've been able to make such an incredible transformation. I can now fit a size 8 women's and size 9 juniors, I know the last time I was able to do that was a decade ago! Although I haven't reached my overall goal yet I still think it is important to acknowledge and celebrate the work that I've done so far. I mentioned the importance of rewards in my top 5 weight loss tips last week and I followed my own advice. I took a step back from blogging and read 5 books this week. I've always been a voracious reader but I haven't been making the time to read so this week I treated myself.

In addition to purchasing and reading books, I also decided to pamper myself. In the past I've spoken about how important I think it is to maintain eyebrows. Having well groomed brows opens up your face and gives you a put together look, even if you are not a person that wears make-up. I really like having my eyebrows threaded and primarily have it done by East Indian women. My favorite spot is in New York but since I only visit occasionally, I've needed to find a brow place here in Atlanta. For the longest time I've wanted to try Saylah's Threading and Day Spa because I've heard great things about it. This week I decided to treat myself and have my brows threaded.

I was greeted by Shahmaz and she walked me back to a very earth toned room with a comfy chair. Looks welcoming right?

I reclined in the chair while Shahmaz worked her magic with a piece of thread that pulled my stray eyebrow hairs out one by one.


Well,here is a little secret that I must share with you - beauty hurts! I am used to having my brows threaded but have to be honest and tell you that there is some pain involved but the results are amazing. My brows look great and a few tears are a small price to pay for beauty. At this point I don't cry when my brows are threaded but a tear will leak from the corner of my eye when my lip is threaded. Yes, my lip, I have a little peach fuzz that I need to get rid of every few months. Some people bleach it, I just thread it!

I am so happy that I was able to visit Saylah and the best part about it was I received a 20% discount on my services saving me $5 dollars! And not only that but I have an on-going 20% discount because I used 6 of my Tropicana points to get this discount. I will be a regular visitor to Saylah spa. When I hit my next milestone - losing 50 pounds, I am using some of my Tropicana rewards points to visit Massage Envy for a 10% discount on a massage.

Remember - when you hit a milestone, reward yourself! You've worked hard and you deserve it!

Disclosure: I am a Tropicana Juicy Insider and received reward points and compensation for participating in the program.

Comments

Ellen said…
Congratulations on 40 pounds gone! How wonderful, Renee.

I have seen the threading studios but I hate pain. I think I'll stick with tweezers. I once had my eyebrows waxed and that was enough for me although it did look great. You are braver than I.
bookieboo said…
I'm one of ur biggest fans! Pretty soon u are going to be smaller than me!!! Woot woot!! Xxoo
Radical Selfie said…
Excellent!!! I continue to be inspired by your determination to be a fit and healthy you! Congrats, Renee!
They have these threading booths at our local malls and I've thought about having mine done - glad to know ahead of time there is a little pain. Your eyebrows look great though. I've got some Tropicana Juicy Rewards Points too, so maybe I will have to look for a local spa to use them at, thanks!
Lisa said…
I've never had my eyebrows threaded. I'm too scared. I know, I went thru childbirth but I'm a chicken when it comes to pain. I rather get them waxed. LOL You look great girl. I can't wait to see you!
Miz said…
you had to bring up the brows huh? :)
I NEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEED professional help and Im scared of the aforementioned help.
what if I emerge thinofbrow?!

Youve inspired me (in more ways than this) and yet I still terrified :) (in only this way)

Miz.
Anonymous said…
If we can gain, we can shed it too.
Fantastic inspirational story.
Claps.
Congrats on your great milestone and what a lovely treat you gave yourself!!
Anonymous said…
Visit http://www.dofollowarticles.com to post articles in the following categories: railing, heat, check-up, rhodiola, seafood, addiction, vaccine and more...
Anonymous said…
Visit http://www.dofollowarticles.com to post articles in the following categories: dividend, autos, smallcap, rising, biloba, belonging, Intersections and more...

Popular Posts