BTS dinner - Grilled Balsamic Herb Chicken (recipe) ad




The school year is rolling along here in Atlanta. Although we start earlier than most, I am now seeing the BTS first day of school pictures of my friends kids all over facebook. The transition can be a bit challenging after the more laid back days of summer but I have an idea for weeknight dinners that can help take some of the stress away. I am so into quick and easy meals, who wants to slave away for hours in the kitchen? I strive to make meals that take 30 minutes or less to prepare because that helps make my life easy and fits into a schedule jam packed with homework, after school activities and of course quality time with my son. Grilling is the perfect solution for dinner most nights in my home. I tend to grill a great deal of food ahead of time and that way I have meals for at least a few days of the week. Since it it still summer, I don’t want to turn on my oven or stove top for that matter, so grilling is perfect for me.

One of our favorites is chicken. I love preparing chicken various ways but today I am sharing a grilled Balsamic chicken with you. It is so simple to prepare and you can let the chicken marinade all day or even for a couple of days before cooking it. In this instance, I marinated my chicken for 3 days because I had a family emergency that I had to tend to. I have to tell you, this was delicious and the marinade was fully integrated into the chicken!

To prepare, I placed about 2 pounds of chicken wings in a gallon size storage bag from Walmart (all of the items I purchased for this meal I bought at Walmart). Next I added half a bottle of Lawry’s Balsamic Herb marinade on the chicken. 


I placed it in the refrigerator and turned the back over whenever I thought of it to ensure all parts of the chicken were equally marinated.

 

When I was ready to grill I simply placed my chicken and let the flames do their work! 


I let the chicken cook for about 40 minutes and checked the internal temperature reached 160 degrees before removing it from the grill. I also grilled some asparagus that I’d coated in olive oil and sprinkled with salt and pepper.



This meal is a no brainer and perfect for a school night. It is delicious, quick and easy!  





Comments

Popular Posts