Summer time outdoor living space




 I love the summer. Although it is hot as Hades in Atlanta, this is my favorite time of the year. Having fun in the great outdoors attending concerts, sitting by the pool and even simply hanging out in my backyard brings me joy. In the evenings I particularly enjoy looking at the stars in the night sky from the deck off of my bedroom. For years I have simply walked around the deck or leaned against a railing as I enjoyed a cool breeze and fireflies lighting up the sky. One day when my man was visiting I explained that I wanted to move my patio sofa to the deck so that we could enjoy it together. I understand that standing up looking at stars is not everyone’s cup of tea and why not make it a comfortable space? And that is pretty much where it ended. I pulled out some cushions- the wrong ones and have enjoyed the space but haven’t really made it my own.


Before the redo 
So, to make this a place of true comfort and solitude, I decided to makes some changes. I am a bug magnet, when I sit outside I am inevitably eaten up by bugs. I’ve gotten used to it but at night when I’m scratching myself to death in bed I regret my time outdoors. So, I took a trip to Walmart to get some candles that are serve two purposes, ambiance and bug repellent. I choose Cutter Citro guard candles - two decorative (metallic silver and metallic copper)  that burn for up to 20 hours and two glass encased candles that burn for up to 12 hours. 



I brought up my Walmart Better Homes and Gardens (BNG) table from my patio and strategically placed my candles on patterned burlap from the fabric section. I also brought up the proper cushions for my BHG seatee and (newish) BHG throw pillows that I rarely take the time to place outside.
My furniture is probably about 6 or 7 years old but I will say that it has stood up to the test of time. The four piece Azalea Ridge wicker patio conversation set can still be found at Walmart.



To add to the comfort, I am using my wireless speakers and can spend evenings looking at the stars, bug free, listening to melodic music! I’m very happy with my outdoor living space and plan to use it daily. Check my video below to see the deck!





Comments

Popular Posts