Thai Green Curry with shrimp



Thai Green Curry with Shrimp

For as long as I can remember I have been a fan of many different types of Asian inspired foods. One of my absolute favorites is Thai and I enjoy recreating dishes I’ve tried in restaurants at home. As much as I enjoy cooking, I don’t always have the time or energy to make sauces, cut up veggies, etc. Having a quick and easy solution to making a meal that is “homemade” but made with products that I can easily find at Walmart is winning in my book. I am able to make a several of my favorite Thai inspired meals simply utilizing a few staples. This time I had Thai kitchen green curry and Thai Kitchen coconut milk that was provided by Walmart. I needed a few more ingredients to round out my dish - shrimp, fish sauce and frozen veggies. My Thai green curry met all of my requirements, it is simple, fast and delicious!   


Thai curry is always in my house. I don’t necessarily eat it all the time but I like having it on hand in the event I want it. I usually use red curry but this time Thai kitchen green curry was available, I’ve had it for awhile so I guess when I purchased it I wanted something different. The recipe is simple and can be found on the curry label and on the coconut milk label too. If you are not a fan of coconut milk, you must become one! I used it in curry, in holiday drinks and I have even used it to make coconut cream (instead of whipped cream).


I placed the coconut milk, green curry and brown sugar over medium heat, let it bowl and then took it down to a simmer. I added almost 2 cups of frozen veggies, 1 pound of peeled and deveined shrimp and let that cook. My final step was to add the Fish sauce.  My entire meal was completed in less than 20 minutes. While I was making the curry, I cooked jasmine rice in the microwave.  Thai curry tastes spectacular when enjoyed over jasmine rice!


If you are like me and enjoy Thai food, always keep Thai coconut milk and curry on hand. You will be able to whip up a delicious meal in minutes! Check out my video below to see just how easy this dish is to prepare!
  





Comments

Alison Palmer said…
This recipe sounds delicious, but more important to me, easy.. Can't wait to try it!

Popular Posts