Easter Bunny Rolls!


It has been 75 degrees in Atlanta this week, I guess we can say Spring has officially sprung! Is it just me, or is this year moving at the speed of light? Unbelievably in just a few weeks it will be Easter! So to prepare, my son and I made some very cute bunny rolls inspired by a recipe on Walmart.com. As a matter of fact, there are numerous Easter recipes there and when Walmart asked me to make one I choose the bunny rolls because I wanted something that my son could make almost completely on his own with minimal input from me. We had a ball making the rolls and he actually ate most of them...in one sitting, so people they are good! But really, if you like bread (who doesn’t?) what’s NOT to like?



Making the bunny rolls was not only easy but quite inexpensive. I used Great Value crescent rolls, butter and raisins. For some decoration, I added Wilson pink sprinkles that I had on hand in my cupboard but purchased on a prior trip to Walmart. I substituted butter for the egg wash that is called for in the original recipe. I don’t eat eggs that often and thought I might have had one in the refrigerator but didn’t. Rather than take another trip to the store, I simply used butter and am quite pleased with the results!



To begin I separated the triangles, my son and I rolled them into ropes and then shaped them into the number six. We separated the top of the six to make bunny ears, added a raisin for the eyes and then brushed them with melted butter and sprinkles mixture. 


We popped them into the pre-heated oven and cooked them for 10 minutes. Done! So easy, so fun and of course delicious!



I think we will make this recipe again Easter morning. It will be fun to do after the Easter bunny makes a visit and my son finds all of his holiday treats. Be on the lookout, because later this week I am highlighting the Easter basket I’ve made for my son for under $20.00 and I purchased all my items from Walmart!


Comments

Popular Posts