Top 3 Red Lippies for the Holidays!




I love lipstick. I suppose it is because I have always been told that my smile is my best attribute and great looking lips accentuate a beautiful smile! If you are a regular reader of my blog, you are probably aware that I am a beauty addict. I also understand the importance of keeping to a budget, so most products I use are available at Walmart. If you don’t know, you can find high quality makeup without paying department store prices! I shifted my way of thinking about makeup about 3 years ago and went from buying all of my cosmetics at department stores to maybe making one or two purchases there a year! And guess what? I STILL look cute! LOL!


For this holiday I’d like to share with you my top 3 RED lipsticks that are available at Walmart. Red in my opinion is the perfect color for the holiday season and there are so many variations that you cannot just stick with one! I actually felt like a kid in the candy store as I tried out my reds and realized that ALL of them worked for me. It is truly a Christmas miracle! I’m really particular about reds because different ones work with your skin depending on your undertone (which can be blue, yellow or red).  Without further ado, here are my top three (if you are curious I have a red undertone to my skin)!



L’Oreal Paris Color Riche Extraordinaire Ruby Opera - I absolutely love this red! It is a mix between a lipstick and a gloss. When initially applied it has a high shine and even after it wears off the stain that is left on my lips is a brilliant color. The packaging is impressive and unexpected, you unscrew the applicator from the package and apply. Beautiful color, lovely packaging and great moisture for a beautiful lip!


Maybelline Lip Studio Color Blur Cherry Cherry Bang Bang - This is a matte pencil that lasts and lasts and lasts. I am enamored with this color and this product. It goes on matte and you control both the coverage and the look. You can outline your lips with the color and use the blending stick on the other end to blend down onto your pout. The options are endless. I simple apply all over my lips and skip the blur. Intense color that lasts..even through Thanksgiving Dinner! 


L’oreal Paris Color Riche Exclusive Collection Liya’s Red - I suppose I’ve said this about every color but I truly love this one. Each color in this collection is named after an entertainer, this one is for supermodel Liya Kebede. In this collection you can choose the person closest to your skin tone and expect the color to work for you. I’ve wore this shade, it is perfect for me. Highly pigmented, long wearing and beautiful!


Check out my video below to see my lippies up close and personal!

I’ve found the reds that work for me this season and have had them on a daily rotation. I don’t think you need a special occasion to wear red but if you do, the holidays are perfect! A red lip never goes out of style!



Comments

Popular Posts