The Ghastly Dreadfuls at the Center for Puppetry Arts


As a long time fan of the Center for Puppetry Arts, I have seen countless puppet shows for children but had never seen an adult only puppet show. When I received an invitation to see The Ghastly Dreadfuls, I jumped right on it. Spooky fun with adult libations? Sounds like fun to me! The show was a combination of variety show and puppet show. The show was funny, campy and had a tiny bit of risque humor to top it all off. The human cast of undead characters were vocally talented, had excellent comedic timing and played instruments well too. I think the “cat” character was the funniest. He meowed his stories as a human interpreted for us!

The show is a mix of musical theater and puppetry. Musical pieces were acted out intertwined with the puppet shows. There were about 20 different skits in total but my favorite was about The Pullman Porter. I won’t tell you anything else about the story, I want you to experience The Ghastly Dreadfuls for yourself. This is a great date night activity, it was fun filled and ended at a reasonable time to relieve your babysitter!

Hurry and get your tickets! The Ghastly Dreadfuls is playing until October 25th, ticket are $25.00, you can get yours here.

Disclosure: I was provided a media ticket for the show. As usual, all opinions are my own.

Comments

Popular Posts