DIY Spa Gift Basket inspired by #BHGLiveStream





Last week I had the opportunity to watch the live stream show, BHG Live #BHGLiveStream. BHG = Better Homes and Gardens, a brand that can be found at your local Walmart. The show highlighted various tips and tricks that you can use to beautify your home and ideas for creating gifts for family and friends. If you are not familiar with BHG, the line is absolutely fantastic. You can everything from candles, to area rugs, decorative pieces, furniture, tablewear, you name it, they pretty much have it! If you are a regular reader of my blog, you’ll notice most of my food photos are taken on white plates, they are from BHG. I really enjoyed BHG Live, especially because one of my favorite people, Max of BHG provided many options for both home decor and gifts. I’ve had the pleasure of meeting Max numerous times on trips to Walmart Headquarters and I am always inspired by his creativity.

One of his suggestions that I am going to implement in my home is having a runner in the foyer of my home. This is both attractive and will help protect my hardwood floors in that area. There are many runner options available on Walmart.com ranging in price from $19.96-$50.97.  Unfortunately my local Walmart did not have the one that I want so I will be placing my order online to spruce up and protect my floor.


Max shared several DIY crafts for the home like creating your own centerpiece using a BHG Christmas Bowl and filling it with greenery and fruit. And for visitors staying over, write a welcome message and include the WiFi password, place it in the guest room in a BHG photo frame! Wonderful ideas that are so easy to do!

My favorite suggestion was making gift baskets, with the holiday season coming up there are so many options for teacher gifts and friends! I decided to make a spa basket that I will likely give to my son’s teacher. I purchased all of the items from Walmart and featured several BHG components. I found a BHG candle for $3.97 and a large bath towel ($5.86) and hand towel ($3.88) from the BHG extra absorbent collection.

I added spa wash gloves ($1.97), Oil of Olay body wash and lotion, and because I enjoy a little wine when I take a bath, a really cute hand painted wine glass ($6.97). The seagrass basket ($5.97)  was in the floral department and has a chalkboard that you can use to write the name of the recipient on!

I think my son’s teacher will be thrilled with the gift and loved watching #BHGLiveStream for inspiration and great ideas for my home!



Comments

Popular Posts