Fall Beauty look 2015



I love the heat of the summer but there is something about the brisk, crisp days of Fall that makes me happy. Finally this week the weather has cooled down and it is a wonderful respite from the 80 plus degree days that we’ve experienced over the last 4 months. When the seasons change not only do I begin to layer my clothing but I also change my beauty routine.


The most obvious difference is in my nail color. During the cooler months, I wear darker colors that are stylish and fun. I am very partial to blue so for the first week of Fall I am all about Sally Hansen’s Triple Shine color in Wavy blue. This is a dark blue with hints of metallic sparkle underneath. I am a beauty product hoarder and have owned this color for several years so although you may not be able to find it in your local Walmart, there are several similar colors that you might enjoy wearing too.

Sally Hansen’s Hard as Nails Xtreme Nail color in Pacific Blue ($2.48), Insta-Dry Fast Dry nail color in Prompt Blue ($3.98), and Hard as Nails Xtreme Nail polish in Blue Bloom($2.48) are all great alternatives that are beautiful blues and perfect for Fall. I added an accent color of gold metallic to my manicure, to replicate my look you can try COVERGIRL Outlast Stay Brilliant nail gloss in Seared Bronze ($2.74).


My makeup also changes in the Fall. This year has been one of minimalism for me and I am continuing that trend but I certainly am switching up a little bit and adding a pop color. I am keeping my foundation the same - Black Radiance Color Perfect liquid makeup in Mocha Honey ($3.87). I am not wearing eyeshadow which makes it even more important for my eyebrows to be on point, and I remain a fan of e.l.f. brow kit in medium ($3.00). If you have never tried eyebrow threading I highly recommend it. My brows are also really tight, I find the shape lasts longer and I need the brow kit simply to accent my already well defined brows.



I am not wearing eyeliner but I am making my eyes pop by using current favorite mascara, L’Oreal Paris Voluminous Miss Manga mascara in black ($5.99).  And for my lips which are the highlight of my look, I am wearing Cover Girl Outlast(r) Longwear + Moisture Lipstick in Plum Fury ($6.86). Plums are great for the Fall and the moisture in this lipstick helps prevent my lips from chapping as the weather changes. I am so excited about the Fall and making even more beauty changes with darker colors!


Comments

Popular Posts