4th of July Red, White and Blue Yogurt Parfait



Today is National Strawberry Parfait Day - who knew? There is a day for everything now and I am so pleased that I’ve been identified by the Georgia Fruit and Vegetable Growers Association as someone who not only supports locally grown fruit and produce but I also write about it. I was asked to submit the inaugural post for their blog Produce Bites! I created a recipe that is right on time for National Strawberry Parfait Day and the 4th of July. 


Red White & Blue Parfait


Ingredients
1 cup strawberries
1 cup blueberries
1 cup blackberries
32 oz. Vanilla Greek Yogurt


Method
Clean berries by rinsing under cool water and drying with paper towel.
Slice strawberries thickly.
Placing a layer of Greek yogurt in the bottom of a parfait cup or martini glass.
Follow with a layer of strawberries.
Add a layer of Greek yogurt, add blueberries, and finally add an additional layer of yogurt and blackberries.
Depending on the size of the container, you may repeat.
End with a final layer of yogurt and top with strawberries in the shape of a star.
Decorate the border with blueberries.


For additional ideas and recipes for Georgia produce be sure to check the Produce Bites blog for more recommendations for locally grown produce recipes! Also be sure to follow the Produce Bites Facebook page for updates! Check out my post here!  

Disclosure: I have been compensated for creating this recipe and my posts. All opinions are my own.

Comments

Popular Posts