- find out what is causing the itch. Eczema may be heritary but it also can be triggered by external irritants like detergent, fragrance or food.
- Eliminate the triggers
- Use cloth wipes for babies skin instead of wet wipes that contain synthetic ingredients
- Use sulfate free soap or wash because sulfates can further dry skin and worsen eczema symptoms.
- Add chamomile oil to babies/childs bath water to soften and soothe skin irritation
- Lock in moisture by using SheaMoisture Raw Shea, Camomile & Argan Head-to-Toe Baby lotion. When I tell you this is ultra moisturizing, please believe me! It has done wonders for my son’s skin.
- Aloe vera is a superfood that helps keep the skin and body in shape, add this to your diet by adding it to smoothies. Your kids will never notice it!
- Use camomile tea as a compress for eczema flares, it soothes and calms skin irritation. Follow up with a light layer of lotion.
I am telling you, I am in total love with SheaMoisture products. The scent, the moisture and the fact that they are made from natural ingredients make this a brand that I am a big fan of. If you are looking for something to use on your child’s skin, I highly recommend SheaMoisture Raw Shea, Camomile and Argan products! They are available at Walmart.