Simple Protein Packed Yogurt Parfait




As a mom I have limited time in the mornings to prepare an elaborate hot breakfast. However, I know that breakfast is the most important meal of the day and I want both my son and I to start our days off with a meal that is full of protein. Protein provides a feeling of fullness, can help my son stay alert in class and enables me to achieve my work and exercise goals every morning. Proteins are the building blocks for muscles, bones and skin and a diet high in protein is beneficial! Protein can be found in meats, nuts, poultry, fish and dairy. I’ve found that the easiest way to get protein in the morning is to make a Greek Yogurt parfait.



I absolutely love Greek yogurt, depending on the brand it can have anywhere from 10-15 or more grams of protein per serving. I like Mueller’s Greek 100 Black Cherry Pomegranate flavor. This Greek yogurt is only 100 calories, 10 grams of protein and no high fructose corn syrup, artificial flavors or sweeteners. The taste is tart and a little sweet, just the way I like it. This yogurt alone is a good choice for breakfast but not quite enough calories to begin the day. So, to make a parfait and have even more protein, I combine the yogurt with Quaker Select Starts Protein Cranberry Almond instant oatmeal. This oatmeal also has 10 grams of protein and the tangy cranberries with crunchy almonds make this another breakfast favorite. It has 240 calories and 40 grams of whole grains.



The two together? A whopping 20 grams of protein and 340 calories. One thing that is important to mention, is that this combination also have about 25 grams of sugar together so if you are watching your sugar intake, please be mindful of this. The preparation of my yogurt parfait takes less than five minutes, perfect for school day mornings when we are inevitably short on time.

Simple Protein Packed Yogurt Parfait

1 Mueller 100 black cherry pomegranate yogurt
1 packet Quaker Select Start Protein Cranberry Almond Instant Oatmeal

Prepare oatmeal according to packet instructions.
Layer oatmeal then yogurt in glass.
Enjoy!

This simple meal is quick and easy. This is just one of many simple meal suggestions available on Walmart.com, check it out for more ideas for different meals during the day with 5 ingredients or less that take less than 30 minutes to complete!




Comments

Popular Posts