Best Face Forward for Back to School with AcneFree System



Although it was long ago, I was once a teenager. One of the most important things as I prepared for going back to school was ensuring that I put my best face forward. Although I don’t have a teen, I’m sure that teenagers still want to look their best and Walmart has a few products that can help them. It is funny for me because as a teen I rarely had any concerns about my skin. My face was mostly clear with very occasional breakouts. As an adult, my skin changed and since my twenties I’ve been dealing with adult acne. I have years when my skin is glowing and blemish free but there are periods when my face breaks out and I truly do look like a teen.

I’ve written about my adult acne several times and utilized various products both over the counter and from my dermatologist when it gets really bad. In December I started a prescription treatment for my acne and by this summer it was under control. In conversation with my dermatologist I learned that until I have six months of blemish free skin, I still have to remain vigilant. Now instead of multiple blemishes, I will usually have one or two when my hormones are raging at during that time of the month. Walmart has a solution that has been working for me, AcneFree 24 Hour Clearing System.

I started using it a couple of weeks ago when I had one active blemish. This three part system has an oil free cleanser, renewing toner and repair lotion. Each are numbered so that you know the order in which to use them. 




I like using a system because I know that simply cleansing my skin is not enough to keep acne at bay. The AcneFree system is used twice daily and the active ingredient is advance micro-benzyl peroxide that is comparative to Proactiv but at a price point of $13.97 it is much more affordable!

I’ve had good results with AcneFree, I had one blemish when I started but no subsequent acne blemishes since. I think this product works well and for me is a wonderful alternative to the pricey prescription medication that I was using when my acne was at its worst. If your teen has acne like I do, I think this is a great alternative to ProActive.  

If you or your child wears contact lenses, another product you might be interested in are the SoftLens Daily Disposables. I’m not a contact lens wearing so I am unable to speak to the comfort but these are some advantages of using them:

•No daily cleaning, storage, or care required; wear them for a day, then, throw them away
•Simple packaging makes it easy to pack contact lenses in your travel bag, gym bag, or your purse
•High Definition™ Optics help reduce blur, halos, and glare across a full range of conditions
•Slow release packaging solution delivers outstanding all-day comfort  

If you or your teen want to put your best face forward this school year try out these products and let me know if you like them!



Comments

Popular Posts