- Every 19 seconds someone in the world is diagnosed with breast cancer
- Around the world a woman dies from breast cancer every 74 seconds
- Since 1982, Susan G. Komen has invested over $2 Billion in the fight against breast cancer including research, community health outreach, advocacy and programs in more than 50 countries
- 75% of funds raised at local races remain in the community and are granted to community partners
- Susan G. Komen has funded 700,000 breast cancer screenings and
- Funds education, screen and treatment for those who need it most
|My favorite photo of the day with my friend Rene of Good Enuf Mother|
Overall, I had an awesome time and am looking forward to working more closely with Susan G. Komen in the future. 40,000 people die from breast cancer annually in the United States. The FIGHT IT NOT OVER!
Disclosure: All travel, accommodations, meals and activities were provided courtesy of Susan G. Komen. As usual, all opinions are my own.