ss_blog_claim=80281e8a6739f8d9e9a2abcd6c0ea72d

Wednesday, March 12, 2014

Listen to your mother

Have you ever had something bubbling up inside of you that you just had to get it? Yes? No? Maybe? However you answer that question, I will share with you that I often have things that I need to say but don’t have anywhere to say them. Yes, I could write about it on the blog but sometimes I want to use my voice and be heard. For a long while I’ve had something on my heart but have simply kept it in. Until last week. Last week I took a drive that was 40 minutes from my home for a three minute audition. For a show. Where I can finally release the words that have been bottled up in my heart.

I told no one.

I don’t think I had any particular reason for not sharing. I simply chose to keep this to myself. Unless of course I was cast. Which I was. And now I can tell you that I auditioned for LIsten To Your Mother!


Listen To Your Mother! is a series of live readings about motherhood by local writers in celebration of Mother’s Day. This year there will be 32 shows across the country and I am absolutely floored and honored to have been chosen as a cast member for the inaugural show here in Atlanta!

It is my hope that you will come out and join me as I share something very close to my heart on April 26th at the Earl Smith Strand Theater. You can read my interview for the show here and purchase tickets too!

I hope to see you on April 26th!


1 comment:

Carla said...

CONGRATS!!
Doing the show in austin was life changing for me and my daughter.

Share it

Blog Widget by LinkWithin
 
Clicky Web Analytics