Roasted Parmesan Potatoes {recipe}


I must admit that I am not the biggest potato eater. Unless of course you count french fries, I’ve been a french fry addict since I was a kid. As a matter of fact, when I was around 4 years old the smell of french fries from my neighbors apartment sent me knocking on his door to request a “Hench fry.”  I am still teased about that visit to this day! So clearly, it isn’t that I dislike potatoes, I simply don’t have them as a regular item on my shopping list. Which is why when I was asked by Walmart to try the Albert Bartlett Rooster potato which is new to the US, I decided to try it out.



I decided to try the potato in a very simple recipe so that’d I’d be able to taste the difference between the Albert Bartlett and the regular red and russet potatoes that I am used to. I decided to roast my potatoes but I’m sure they will be just as delicious fried, mashed or any other way you can think of. I am actually quite impressed with the taste which I supplemented with paprika, garlic salt, and some parmesan cheese. To reiterate, I went pretty light with the spices because I didn’t want to overpower the potato.

Based on my son’s reaction positive reaction of cleaning off his entire plate (which is a considerable feat because he is a picky eater and have only eaten potatoes in the form of french fries), I think the Albert Bartlett potatoes are a winner! They have a slightly nutty and rich buttery taste that I truly enjoyed. I served them as a side dish but quite frankly they could very easily be served as a main in something like shepherd's pie. Since the holiday season is here, my recipe can also be used for a Christmas dinner. If you try it, please let me know how you like it!



Roasted Parmesan Potatoes

2 pounds Albert Bartlett Potatoes
2 tablespoons parmesan cheese
Cooking spray
1/2 teaspoon paprika
1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper

1.Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
2. Spray pan generously with cooking spray
3. Wash potatoes and cut in 1/4 inch slices.
4. Lightly coat potatoes with cooking spray.
5. In a small container mix spices and cheese.
6. Sprinkle over potatoes being sure to coat completely.
7. Place potatoes in oven and cook for 40 minutes or until crispy and tender.  



Comments

Popular Posts