ss_blog_claim=80281e8a6739f8d9e9a2abcd6c0ea72d

Sunday, September 1, 2013

Salmon Salad for Labor Day




Labor Day Weekend for most signifies the last days of summer and the start of a new school year. For me, it means hanging out with family and friends and hitting the biggest party of the year for me, House in the Park. I’ve talked about this experience in the past but basically it is a large party in the park with people from all over the country enjoying food, fellowship and House music. My friends and I look forward to this annual event and we all prepare our favorite dishes.

This year, I made a salmon salad and when Walmart asked me to share my favorite Labor Day recipe with you, I knew this was it. It is simple to make and can be prepared a day in advance. Served with crackers or on sandwich bread it is amazing!

For the best taste, I cook the salmon myself by lightly seasoning it with lemon pepper salt and extra virgin olive oil. I place it in the pan and cook it completely since I am using it for a salad. It takes approximately 6 minutes depending on the thickness of the fish. 


I was able to purchase frozen salmon from Walmart at a very good price and because I live in land locked Atlanta, I am very careful to choose salmon that is wild caught here in the United States. Options for fresh fish are quite limited so I am picky when I do choose my fish.

As the fish is cooking I prepare my other ingredients: red onion, fresh dill, lemon, and celery. 

Once the fish is cooked I place it in a bowl, removing the skin and add the ingredients including light mayo and capers, all available at Walmart. After mixing all of ingredients I place the salad in the refrigerator and chill until ready to serve. This salad is great for Labor day or any other time that you want a quick and easy dish to a picnic or any other gathering.


Salmon Salad

12 ounce fresh or frozen salmon
1/4 teaspoon lemon pepper salt
1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
2 teaspoons capers
1/4 cup chopped red onion
1/4 cup finely chopped celery
2 tablespoons mayo
1 tablespoon chopped dill
Squeeze of lemon

Method:
Coat salmon with olive oil and sprinkle with lemon pepper salt. Place skin down in heated skillet, cover and cook for approximately five minutes until cooked through.

While salmon cooks, chop all vegetables. Remove salmon from heat, cool, remove skin and place in bowl. Add all other ingredients and mix well. Refrigerate until ready to serve.




1 comment:

Web Design Bangalore said...

Thanks for sharing such a easy recipe. Have bookmarked to check more such recipes.

There was an error in this gadget
Blog Widget by LinkWithin
 
Clicky Web Analytics