Miracle Marathon

My son and I practicing for our daily mile! 

Last year I ran my first marathon.  26.2 miles and I continue to be astounded by that great accomplishment that I said I'd NEVER do. I know that running for hours is not for everyone but living a healthy life is for us all and even if you have never run before I promise you can complete the 27.2 Miracle Marathon! The Miracle Marathon is being held in during the month of October as both a challenge to help you get moving and also to raise money for hospitals in the Children's Miracle Network.  Starting October 1st run/walk/bike a mile daily for 26 days and on the 27th day one extra mile 'for the kids" that all participants will complete at the exact same time wherever they are! 



As a Children's Hospital of Atlanta Mom to Mom blogger, I am of course supporting CHOA. I have a goal to raise $270.00 which is equal to $10 for each day I run/walk/dance a mile. You can join in on the fun too by registering!  Registration is $27.20 but I have a code so that you can get a 10% discount - simply use "FITMOM" for the discount!   Be sure to select “GA-Children’s Healthcare of Atlanta” as the hospital you want to support.  After registering, you will receive a Miracle Marathon bracelet, mile tracker magnet and 27.2 sticker for your car.  You will also receive inspirational messages or just something fun to keep you motivated during the month of October. And CHOA would love it you'd complete a mile daily and raise $10 every day to reach the 27-day goal. 

My personal plan is to complete my daily mile with my son. This way we will both be active and have a great time while raising funds for the Children's Hospital of Atlanta. We've already gotten our first practice run in and I'm looking forward to running more miles with my six year old! I hope you join us and participate in the Miracle Marathon too! 



Comments

Popular Posts