RunDisney!



I am a runner. And one of the things I enjoy is running races. This inspires me, gives me something to train for and on the day of the event is full of fun. Even when I don’t run my fastest race, I truly enjoy the sense of accomplishment that I feel when I cross the finish line. My feeling of joy is magnified tenfold when I do a RunDisney event. I’ve run two RunDisney Princess half-marathons and have had a ball each and every time. RunDisney events incorporate the magic that is only found at Disney! If you have never done a RunDisney event you are truly missing out because there are surprises along the way, opportunities to take photos with your favorite Disney characters and an overall atmosphere of fun.

Recently I experienced a special RunDisney event and met Queen Minnie, Rapunzel and Snow along the way. 




I felt like a kid again and although I am not trained up and don’t have my “runners legs” back, I did not feel pressured and just enjoyed an early morning run through Epcot and along the New Balance trail on the Disney Boardwalk.

You may be thinking that you are not a runner but at every RunDisney event there is an opportunity for people at every level of fitness, including the kids! RunDisney weekends are not just for long distance endurance runners. If you are a walker, jogger, wogger or a variation there is something for you. There are 5k untimed races that are fun for the entire family with absolutely no pressure to complete it in a specific amount of time. I had the pleasure of running the Tangled 5k during the 2012 Princess weekend and it was absolutely amazing. I took it easy because I knew I’d be running the half-marathon the following day but I was afforded the opportunity to take photos with characters without worrying about my time goal and I had a ball!

In addition to the 5k during RunDisney weekends there are events that are just for the kids. So not only can you have your family cheer you on, the kids can run too and receive awards for a job well done. I highly recommend RunDisney weekends for the entire family. You will not regret your decision, you will feel a sense of accomplishment and most importantly, you will experience the magic of Disney.

In the near future I hope to run another RunDisney event, I have my sights on a Coast 2 Coast medal that you receive after completing an endurance event at both Walt Disney World and DisneyLand and I believe that 2014 will be my year! A word to the wise, if you want to do a RunDisney endurance event be sure to register as soon as it opens. I debated running Tinkerbell Half-Marathon next year but was disappointed when it sold out in less than 2 days! Luckily, I still have opportunities to register for other RunDisney events next year, so the C2C medal may still be mine in 2014! I highly recommend RunDisney events they are quite possibly the most fun you can have sweating on Earth!

Disclosure: I attended the Disney ESPN Wide World of Sports Festival as media and a guest of Disney. I received travel, accommodations, food, and entry to Disney Parks. As usual, all opinions are my own.

Comments

Mrs. Flinger said…
LOVE your running badass self! So inspiring to see how much you've kept this up. I, too, am running again. Let's do a race together! I'd love to be your running bud! (I won't wear a cinderella dress, tho, just a headsup on that) ;-)
Mrs. Flinger said…
LOVE your running badass self! So inspiring to see how much you've kept this up. I, too, am running again. Let's do a race together! I'd love to be your running bud! (I won't wear a cinderella dress, tho, just a headsup on that) ;-)

Popular Posts