4th of July Decorating Ideas



The 4th is fast approaching and I have a few tips for simple decorating ideas that will make your celebration festive! In the past I have been a little hesitant about decorating for holidays and went very basic with a tablecloth and matching (usually disposable) plates. This time I decided to step outside of the box using white Better Homes and Gardens soft square dishes as the base and building around them. Walmart sent the plates to me and with a $15 budget I set out to make a 4th of July table setting that would be well received! Of course since it is the 4th I had to be patriotic and use red, white and blue. I started with a beach towel as a tablecloth. It was very inexpensive at $5.88 and quite lovely!

I placed the white bowl from the Better Homes and Gardens soft square 16 piece dish set that is available for $39.92. To save money on cutlery, I simply used my own. For the glasses I wanted a rustic vibe so I was thrilled when I found mason glasses that I could use and ended up utilizing for my red, white and blue triffle that I highlighted in yesterday’s post. Before making the triffle, I decorated the glasses. I used the “3 star necklaces” they were only 97 cents and the mason glasses were a true bargain at 88 cents.


I used a dishtowel as a napkin and wrapped the silver necklace around it. Simple! I am quite pleased with how it all came together and you can check out my video to see it in action!




I wish you a Happy 4th of July and please be on the lookout for my updates as a Celebrity Correspondent for Walmart from the Essence Music Fest in New Orleans! 



Comments

Popular Posts