Nokia Lumia 928 - first thoughts




I am a new Verizon Buzz lifestyle blogger and that means that I will be test driving new celluar phone products that are available from Verizon. I’ll be sharing my life experiences with you as I use the products in my daily life. A little over a week ago I received the Nokia Lumia 928. It is a new phone and you may have actually seen the commercials. The main aspect of this phone that has been highlighted is the camera.


If you follow me on instagram, twitter or facebook, you are well aware that I love documenting my life in photos. From foods I eat to concerts and even my high school reunion, you can find my photos online. Of course, I used my new Lumia 928 to see how the photos stacked up compared to my iPhone. I will say that I absolutely love the ease of use overall for this phone. Although it is a phone, I use this device primarily as a way to stay connected - facebook, email, twitter, etc are at my fingertips and although it is a Windows phone and I have been a diehard Apple girl, I found the phone simple to use right out of the box.



I think the HD display  is beautiful, everything is large enough for me to see without my glasses - a huge bonus because enlarging type all the time is one of my pet peeves with my iPhone. Now I bet you are wondering my thoughts about the camera. I think it is absolutely outstanding! It is a 8.7 MP PureView Camera with Carl Zeiss wide-angle optics and Optical image stabilization.  I am not a “trained” photographer so I haven’t played around very much with the ISO but it is wonderful to have the option to change the camera speed. There are also a number of different lenses that you can use but quite honestly, I haven’t explored this option. I pretty much stick to the factory settings and will play with the rest with continued use.


Now on to the photos. I started with some photos from the Boys II Men, 98 Degrees and NKOTB concert.





My son and I visited the Children's Museum.







And my high school reunion, I had a ball and took some photos with some of my favorite people.

  

These photos amaze me the most because they were taken outside at night and although there was lighting in the area, the camera actually made it look like we are outside in broad daylight!

I am really enjoying taking photos and having access to them online with Skydrive where they are all stored. No more missing or deleted photos and I can easily place them in my blog posts!

Be on the lookout for more information as I continue to explore all that the Nokia Lumia 928 has to offer!



Comments

Popular Posts