Run Disney Fun Run at #DisneySMMoms #runDisney

Me crossing the Run Disney Fun Run finish line dressed as Mulan! 

I am a huge fan of Run Disney events. My second race ever was the Disney Princess Half-Marathon when thousands of Princesses gather to celebrate my birthday. Okay, not really but the event just happens to fall on my birthday weekend and last year was on my birthday! Anyhow, these event weekends are absolutely amazing and include runs not only for adults but for the entire family.  For instance, during the Disney Princess Weekend last year I attended a meet up with Jeff Galloway (be sure to stalk the Disney Parks blog for details on meetups the spaces get filled quickly) we did a fun run and there were special guests in attendance. There was also a Tangled 5K fun run for the entire family. In this untimed event you can stop and meet Disney characters, you know I took full advantage of that! And of course there are running events for the kids. Adorable and so much fun! 



Me, Mulan and company

And my favorite added bonus of running Disney is wearing a costume or a tiara or both! It adds to the fun factor and I think motivates me too! 




Over the weekend I attended the Disney Social Media Moms Conference and was elated when I learned a Run Disney Fun Run was being organized for us. You know I signed up immediately, right? If you've been following my blog lately, you know that on March 18th I had major surgery which entailed a 6 week recovery. Needless to say my only exercise was walking and honestly, I didn't do much of that. So, this fun run was my first time attempting to run since January! I figured the best place to run is Disney because Mickey wouldn't let me die out there! LOL! 

The run was GREAT! I actually did more running than I expected with a healthy dose of walking too. I had time to catch up with my good friend Jennifer and it was so fitting because my very first trip to Disney in life was with her! Love you girl! And at this moment I realize, we didn't take a photo! Boo! 

Anyhow, the event was a lot of fun. Ali Vincent winner of the Biggest Loser joined us and led the walk/runners - I went out with the runners because, well, I always challenge myself! I loved the added touch of having a finish line - which I crossed alone and it really made me feel like a winner. 

Of course I had to strike a pose before crossing the finish! 


If you are interested in running or maybe never thought of it I highly recommend Run Disney! I promise it will be something you will never forget! 

Disclosure: I attended the Disney Social Media Moms Conference and received a special discount rate for accommodations and activities related to the event. All opinions are my own. 

Comments

Popular Posts