Sister Act - Broadway Atlanta

Sometimes I forget how very lucky I am to be a native New Yorker who grew up close to the Big Apple. I am pretty sure that I saw my very first Broadway show when I was 5 years old and seeing shows became a regular thing for me even into adulthood. Moving to Atlanta, I thought I might not have access to Broadway unless I took a trip home but I was mistaken! Broadway Atlanta brings great Broadway shows to audiences right here in Atlanta.






Last night I had the absolute pleasure of seeing the last show of the 2012-2013 season, Sister Act! This show was based on the film of the same name but it was unique. It tells the story of Doloris Van Cartier, an aspiring singer who after seeing a murder is sequestered in a convent. I can’t even begin to tell you how entertained I was during the show!

photo credit: Broadway Atlanta

The voices of the cast were simply amazing, led by the talented Ta’Rea Campbell as Doloris. I was drawn into the show immediately and I literally “laughed out loud” during every scene of the show. The combination of comedy and music keep the show moving and the two hour running time went by in a flash!

The show is currently playing until April 28th so I highly recommend that you grab a friend and go see it! You can purchase tickets here. And if you are interested in seeing all the shows of next Broadway Atlanta season which include: The Lion King, The Book of Mormom, Evita and more, you can become a season subscriber!

If you love musicals, you don’t want to miss Sister Act or the many other shows of Broadway Atlanta!


Disclosure: I received a media pass for the opening night of the Sister Act. All opinions are my own. 

Comments

Every time I even consider leaving NYC again I think about everything I would be missing and Broadway is definitely one of them so this is a GREAT idea. I heard good things about the show too, glad u enjoyed!

Popular Posts