Shopping just got easier- Scan & Go!

I know there are people who just LOVE to shop. I just don’t happen to be one of them. I shop out of necessity - if I need groceries or other essentials then I go to the store. I certainly am not a browser, I get in and out as fast as possible! I am a huge fan of anything that makes my shopping experience easier. Is there self-checkout? I’m there! Can I easily plot my trip before I make it to the store? I’ll do it! So when I was asked to try out the latest innovation at Walmart, “Scan & Go” I was all over it!

This iPhone app (sorry android users) is so simple simple to use and so helpful! If you area select Walmart Superstore open the Walmart app (be sure to download it before you go) while in the store and it will ask if you want to use store mode. Once you are in store mode, Scan & Go is ready to use. As you are shopping, simply scan the items that you are buying - a helpful tip is to bring your reusable grocery bags so you can pack them too! The app will tell you the price and tally your shopping cart as you go around the store. 
And if you make a mistake or change your mind about an item you can easily delete it with the swipe of a finger! Once finished head to the cash register and transfer the information from your phone. This process is easy, you can use the QR code or enter the code that pops up on the register screen. I had trouble scanning at the register so I entered the number and just like that, the cash register was ready to accept my payment!

I paid for my items and was on my way. Since the app is so new, the Walmart associate assisting the self-checkout watched as I utilized Scan & Go. She was as intrigued as I was! This truly made trip efficient and quick! I absolutely love Scan & Go. When I shop at Walmart I usually know where all of my items are located so in addition to plotting my fastest route, I know can make a quick exit once I’m at the register!

Scan and Go is available at a limited number of stores, for a complete list click HERE. More stores will soon have this service and once you try it, in my opinion it will revolutionize the way you shop. At least it did for me but remember, shopping and I are not good friends!


Disclosure: I am a participant in the Walmart moms program. I have been compensated for my time and efforts in creating this post. As usual, all opinions are my own.

Comments

Popular Posts