DIY - Easter Basket





It really is hard to believe Easter is right around the corner because it seems like Christmas was just yesterday! Easter is March 31st this year so it is early but still time is flying. And since time stops for no one it is best to get prepared for the upcoming holiday. I'll actually be convalescing on Easter so it is vital that I have everything ready to go before the big day. My son is looking forward to the Easter egg hunt at school and I planned to surprise him with an Easter basket, with a little help from Walmart I think he will be happy with what I put together for him.

I started by purchasing a purple basket it is his favorite color, probably because both of his parents love it so!


I added some purple Easter grass because what is an Easter basket without grass? The grass is only $1.37 a pack and two were perfect for the basket I purchased. 


Next up a cute little Easter puppy. He often mentions our dog and although a plush animal is not a replacement for the real thing, I'm sure he will get a kick out of this cutie!
My son is beginning to read so this Easter book “Happy Easter Little Critter” will be great for practice.  

He is a huge fan of The Avengers so the Play Pack was a no-brainer for his basket. 


Although I did not plan to do this he really is being indulged with Easter candy this year. I purchased many of his favorite things, I went overboard because the candy was only $1.00 in most instances and this will be a special treat. He gets candy from me on Halloween and Easter! My favorites are the Scooby pop, he is going to flip for that and the Duck dispenser that lays “eggs” and also chirps! 


And here is the final product! 


I was given a budget of $20.00 by Walmart and everything including tax was $18.53! Not too shabby! My mom is going to want to get in on the fun and I’ve already eyed some Skylander giants from Walmart that she can add to the basket! I’m almost ready for the Easter fun and can’t wait to see the joy in my son’s eye when he sees his Easter Basket.


Disclosure: I am a participant in the Walmart Moms program and was provided with a gift card and compensation for my time and effort in completing this post. All opinions, as usual are my own.

Comments

Popular Posts