I spy with my little eye.....glasses in my future!


For as long as I can remember I’ve had perfect vision. As a matter of fact, in both of my eyes I had 20/40 vision meaning I can see at 40 feet what the average person can see from 20 feet. But recently, I have been having trouble with reading things on my iPhone and in particular medicine bottles. I know that as we get older that our eyesight starts to decline as well but for a long time I was in denial. A good friend of mine pulled out a pair of glasses when we were on a road trip to run a half-marathon and I asked her why she had them because I’ve never known her to wear glasses. She explained that they were non-prescription reading glasses and they helped her see things like her iPhone. I tried them. And voila, just like that things became a lot clearer.

Over Christmas I purchased my own pair of magnifying glasses but decided it was high time for me to get my vision checked to ensure I wasn’t missing anything. I made an appointment at my local Walmart and had an exam. The exam went off without a hitch but for some reason whenever I have my eyes examined I get nervous. I think the whole “perfect vision” thing has stuck around with me since I had my exam for my Airforce scholarship and absolutely needed perfect vision for that!



Anyhow, after the exam it was revealed that I have 20/40 in one eye and 20/30 in the other. I also need reading glasses, have a slight astigmatism and a little trouble with distance vision. However, for the distance I’ve never personally noticed any problems and honestly think my self-imposed pressure caused me to have a little trouble during the exam.

Nevertheless, after the exam it was clear that glasses are indeed in my future. Bifocals to be exact! I won’t wear them all the time but it will be helpful for when I am in front of my computer and want to look up at the tv! I was able to choose my frames at Walmart and have my lenses made there too. I was actually impressed with the price, for my exam, frames and lenses my total bill was $236.00 and I love my glasses. I’ll have to wait a few days for them to be ready but I think you’ll agree they are a good look on me!




Disclosure: As a participant in the Walmart Moms Program, I've received the eye exam, glasses and compensation for my time and efforts in creating this post. All thoughts and opinions are my own.


Comments

Popular Posts