Game time - Playoffs Baby!!!


This season has been a roller coaster ride for my team the New York Giants. I have been watching them play since pre-season and as the Super Bowl champs, I REALLY was hoping that they'd make it to the playoffs. Sadly, that was not to be. After the blowout against the Falcons I was devastated and the following week's game against the Ravens was just as bad (well, at least we didn't get a donut again)! I am proud to say that the Giants did show up in the final official game of the season against the Eagles but next season I'm going to need them to perform like I know they can both at home AND away games.

But, my love of football continues and we are deep in playoff season. I watched most of the games this past weekend and look forward to watching more on Saturday. Although I really don't have a team I'm rooting for (I may just have to go for the Falcons since I live in Atlanta) I still enjoy entertaining and making a party of the playoffs! I was pleasantly surprised to see the selection of items at Walmart to make my game time entertaining fun!

I picked up a great football field tablecloth and football plates and napkins. These are great for a football themed party....I'm even contemplating having a Super Bowl party!

I served food that I knew would be enjoyed during the games including - Lay's chips and french onion dip, tortilla chips and Paul Newman black bean and salsa dip that was devoured immediately,





pistachios, pizza and Tyson's Anytizer buffalo hot wings.

 

And to add my favorite to the mix without actually making drinks, I added Bud Light Lime-A-Rita, because what is a game without beer?

Needless to say, there were no complaints about the spread and it was all very affordable - under $50 from Walmart! I am not quite sure how I can top my playoff spread for the Super Bowl but I tell you I'm going to try! We can't have Beyoncé as the half-time show without some really great snacks to munch on!



I plan on continuing to learn more about football and I bet that by the end of next season I'll be an expert! I actually am amazed by how far I've come in just one short year!





Comments

Popular Posts