Black Bean and Corn Salsa {Recipe}



It is unbelievable to me that there was football this weekend. All of the playoffs have been completed and now I am just waiting in anticipation for the Super Bowl.  Not to be distracted,  I decided to come up with a recipe that is easy, healthy and Super Bowl worthy and settled on Corn and Black Bean salsa. This four ingredient recipe is sure to be a winner and all of the ingredients are available at Walmart! 


I started with one can of Rotel Chunky diced tomatoes and green chilies. I've used this in other recipes and love the heat! Next, I rinsed a can of black beans (to reduce the sodium) and added it to the Rotel. 


I also added a can of sweet corn, I figured the sweetness of the corn would offset the heat of the chilies.  And finally, I added a handful of chopped coriander to the mix. 


The final result was so tasty! Although I am calling this a "salsa" I'd actually eat this as a side salad on its own!
 And for the big game, I'm pairing it with Cantina Thins Tortilla chips. These are lower sodium and thinner than regular tortilla chips. I really enjoy them and my son does too. As a matter of fact, he is snacking on the chips as I write this post!

If you are looking for a quick addition to your Super Bowl spread or just want to take something with you to the party you've been invited to, I highly recommend this recipe and not just because it is my own! 
Black Bean and Corn Salsa

Ingredients
1 can Rotel Chunky Diced Tomatos and Green chilies (if you like heat, you can add an additional can)
1 can Black Beans
1 can sweet corn
1 chopped bunch of cilantro

Method
Rinse black beans in water. Add all ingredients to a bowl and stir. 
Enjoy! 

Disclosure: As a participant in the Walmart Moms Program, I've received product samples and compensation for my time and efforts in creating this post. All thoughts and opinions are my own.


Comments

Popular Posts