Rudolph The Red Nosed Reindeer Center for Puppetry Arts

It is hard to believe but this year is swiftly coming to an end. And with the end of the year we of course celebrate various holidays. During this season many of my beloved childhood tales return to television and I am excited this year to share some of my favorites with my son. We were invited to see the Center for Puppetry Arts Rudolph The Red Nosed Reindeer this weekend. We see at least one performance annually and I just knew this would be special. Bringing this television classic to life? We were there with bells on!


The show was true to the original. I really enjoyed the multi-media aspect - not only were there puppets of different types (body, hand, rod) and sizes (for depth, smaller puppets to show distance) but there was a screen in front of the set that displayed snow, various characters and creatures just like on television. All of the voices and singing were done by the 6 members of the cast and stayed very true to the original.


Comet teaching the young reindeer was a fun aspect of the show as all of them tried to fly but Rudolph was the most successful. Sadly, shortly after the "reindeer games" his secret shiny nose was discovered and he no longer was allowed to practice or play! 


I loved the coming together of the "misfits" I totally forgot about this aspect of the story. And of course,  in the end the "misfits" all were accepted (including the snow monster). Rudolph is a great story to teach the lesson that everyone has something to offer, no matter how they look or how different they are. My son enjoyed the show and I know he received the message. I highly recommend taking your kids to see this if you live in the Atlanta area. 

At the Center for Puppetry Arts not only will you see the show but you also have the opportunity to explore the Jim Henson museum. Rudolph The Rednosed Reindeer is playing from now until January 6th. 

Disclosure: I received media passes to see this show and as usual all opinions are my own. 

Comments

Popular Posts