Oral Care Challenge Results #sweetsmart

Well, a month has passed and Mekhi and I have completed the Sweet Smart Oral Care Challenge. As Halloween was fast approaching we wanted to ensure our dental habits were well established before the candy filled day. Although I carefully monitor my son's candy intake (and hide the candy after the big day) we know that good oral health habits will pay off in the long term. Having participated in a similar challenge earlier this year, my son was already pretty on top of his brushing game.


 But we had to up the ante this time and add flossing. This really was a challenge because I personally struggle with daily flossing.


But......


by utilizing the Reach access flosser I found that flossing for both of us was much easier! I was able to use it in the tight spaces between my teeth and rinse so no tearing of floss. I liked it and found that once I got in the habit of flossing it no longer was a chore.

My son's favorite part of the challenge was utilizing his Phineas and Ferb toothbrush while being timed during brushing. Although he is able to prepare his toothbrush and brush on his own, without my timer in the morning the show would NOT go on. I realize I need to invest in a timer that he can use on his own so we both can get ready for the day ahead simultaneously!

He also really liked rinsing and would not leave the bathroom until this vital step was done. Listerine Smart Rinse provides 12 hour cavity protection and strengthens teeth 99 percent better than brushing alone! This is truly an essential step because oral disease is the number one chronic childhood disease in the U.S. I helped him with flossing but like me he isn't really a fan. This is something we will continue to work on. Daily we would check off the calendar to document that our three steps of oral care were completed.


I have to say I think our Sweet Smart oral care challenge was a success. We had a great foundation that we are building on with flossing and I have no worries about cavities when we both have our next dental visit!

Disclosure: I received products from Johnson & Johnson Healthcare Products Division of McNeil-PPC, Inc and The Motherhood as part of my participation in the LISTERINE SMART RINSE Sweet Smart Challenge. All thoughts and opinions expressed in this post are my own. 



Comments

Find A Dentist said…
Great work at least you are now addicted to good Oral hygiene.

Popular Posts