Jamaica Bound!!

This week has been a whirlwind! Yesterday I was on Capitol Hill advocating my government representatives and today I am Jamaica bound. I have a full post coming about yesterday's activities and hope to post soon BUT I'm headed to Jamaica as I type!

On Saturday, December 1st I will be running the Reggae Half-Marathon in Negril! This date also happens to be World AIDS Day so while running I'll also be celebrating the advances we've made in prevention, treatment and care! We are on the verge of eradicating maternal to child transmission by 2015 and thus is largely what I was advocating for on the Hill yesterday.

I'm currently sitting on my flight, waiting to depart and Bob Marley's Exodus was playing as I boarded the plane. I'm excited beyond words and hope to be able to update while in Jamaica. But if not, talk to you next week!

Comments

Wishing you the best of luck on your run!

Popular Posts