Social Good Summit #SGSglobal

Remember last month when I joined 30 bloggers in the Shot@Life Blogust campaign and we utilized social media to raise $200,000 to vaccinate 10,000 children in developing countries? Let me allow you to marinate on that for a moment......

ABSOLUTELY AMAZING! 

We utilized new media for social good. I truly am in awe of the impact we had on the lives of so many people by simply doing what we love to do, blogging. All of us who are part of the Blogust team are also UN Foundation Social Good Fellows. I am so very honored to be a part of this team and we have been invited to New York for the Social Good Summit this weekend. 




This summit is International in scope and even if you are not attending the actual Summit, you can follow all of the action as it takes place. If you are on twitter (please say you are on twitter! If not, open an account now) simply follow the #SGSGlobal hashtag. It will also be broadcast live on Mashable
On Monday, September 24th you can watch the Global Conversation  from Beijing and Nairobi.

To say I'm excited is an understatement. I know I've said this before but it bears repeating. We only have one life and during this life I am committed to making a difference in the lives of others. I am looking forward to hearing from leaders in Health, new media, and those utilizing new media for social good!

I truly am honored to be a UN Social Good Fellow, especially considering I have a MA in International Affairs and for the majority of my professional career I worked on public health issues related to  HIV/AIDS both domestically and internationally. I'm excited and hope you can join the conversation at some point this weekend!

Disclosure: As a Social Good Fellow my accommodations, transportation and other incidentals are provided courtesy of the UN Foundation Social Good Fellow program.

Comments

Popular Posts