Mrs Meyer's Clean Day


In my household I try to make small changes to keep my place eco-friendly. We utilize our own bags for grocery shopping (when I don't forget them on the kitchen table), I upcycle all of my old plastic containers from the Chinese food restaurant (considerable amount since I love Chinese food) and I replace household cleaners when I can with products that are ecofriendly. In my kitchen and bathroom I already use 7th generation products but when I was given the opportunity to try Mrs. Meyers Clean Day I had to take it. I was sent an array of products in the line that are available at Walmart. Walmart carries 10 products in the stores and a total of 30 online. Although I'd heard of this brand I never tried it so I decided to see how it stands up to the competition. 


The Lavender Toilet Bowl cleaner works like a charm! The directions guide you to squirt in the toilet and let sit for 5-10 minutes and then scrub. Well, when I returned to do the dirty job, Mrs. Meyer's had already done all the work! There was no need for me to do any scrubbing at all. And this is saying a lot because my toilets for some reason get limescale or some type of build-up which I am constantly fighting. But with Mrs. Meyer's I didn't get my hands dirty (so to speak). 



Although I am a Tide girl, I decided that I'd try out the laundry detergent. I only use fabric softner on my linens and towels so I haven't had a chance to try it out yet but the detergent? Again, Mrs. Meyers hits it out of the ballpark. This formula is super concentrated and a little goes a long way. I believe I only have to use 1 tablespoon for an entire load and you measure with the cap. The lavender smell is so soothing and it got the stink out of my athletic clothes! 


And although I've only used it minimally, I have to mention the entire line of kitchen products. The lemon verbana is such a fresh scent and truly one of my favorites (I have candles in my home scented this way). The citrus smell is so fresh and clean and I look forward to utilizing this for my daily kitchen cleaning. 

Overall, I really like Mrs. Meyer's Clean Day. As I mentioned, I am extremely impressed with the small amount needed for my laundry. And of course, the fact that all of the liquid products are biodegradable and contain no ammonia, cholorine, glycol solvents, papabens or other nasties make this product line extremely appealing. Try it out, I'd love to hear your thoughts! 

Disclosure: I am a Walmart mom and was provided with products and/or compensation for this post. All opinions are my own. 


Comments

Popular Posts