S'mores

I started attending sleep away camp when I was seven years old and went every subsequent summer until I was eleven years old. At Camp OhNehtah I was something of a permanent fixture and was on the cusp of becoming a junior counselor when I left the camp forever.

There are many positive things to say about my camping experience. I enjoyed our campfire sing-a-longs, the pioneer days when we'd hike the mountains and sleep in the wild and my absolute favorite- treats around the campfire!

When you are camping there are few luxuries: the tree over yonder becomes your toilet, you bath in a lake or river (if you're lucky) and the food leaves much to be desired (baked beans and franks, anyone?)!

But all of the "roughing" it is worth it when s'mores come into play! S'mores are that lovely treat composed of 2 graham crackers, a slab of chocolate and the melted marshmallows. Yum!

There is something about holding a pair of marshmallows on a stick from the ground and browning said marshmallow to gooey perfection. A s'more is a treat that can't be beat.

I no longer camp but believe in a great s'more and tomorrow is National S'more Day! I celebrate the S'more by making some on my stove at home with the package sent to me by my friends at Walmart and Hershey's.

You may be wondering how I can enjoy such a sweet treat but remember I believe in everything in moderation. I won't eat s'mores daily but I'll certainly support National S'more Day!

Speaking of everything in moderation, I'm a Good Life Guru on Hershey's The Moderation Nation where you can find all sorts of healthy tips! Check me out there and enjoy your S'more!

Disclosure: I'm a Walmart mom and was sent products and/or received compensation for this post. As usual all opinions are my own.

Comments

Popular Posts