Olive Oil - so many uses!


I have long been a fan of Olive Oil. I generally use Extra Virgin Olive oil for my cooking, sometimes for dipping bread, but rarely for some of the other things I use it for. I make a simple salad dressing using extra virgin olive oil and balsamic vinegar that is delicious and is pretty much the only salad dressing I ever use. 


I use olive oil spray for cooking things like muffins. If you didn't know, olive oil is one of the "good fats" that is recommended in a heathy diet. I like the spray because I can use just a little and keep my baked goods from sticking. 


You may be wondering - what can you use olive oil for besides cooking? Or as a dressing? 


Oh my friend, olive oil is like magic! I use Olive oil as a moisturizer for my hair. Because EVO is expensive, I just use regular olive oil for my locs. I have extremely dry hair and a deep oil treatment with olive oil is perfect for it! I also am a fan of olive oil as a body moisturizer. If you haven't guessed, I have dry skin too. Although my preference is not to go around smelling like olive oil, I do add a few essential oils and olive oil to my bath to moisturize my skin. I can absolutely tell the difference! 


Olive oil truly is my go to oil and if you aren't already a fan, try it. I know that you will love it too! 


Disclosure: I am a Walmart Mom and was provided with compensation and/or product for this post. As usual, all opinions are my own. 






Comments

Popular Posts