Earth Day Tips and #CoxConserves
Tomorrow is Earth Day, a day to raise awareness about doing our part to conserve Mother Earth - not only for us but for future generations. As a general rule, I try to do small things on a daily basis that over the long term will have a positive impact. I want to share with you five easy things that you can do too:
1. Turn off the water when brushing your teeth! This simple step can save up to
2. Use cruise control on your car (conserves gas, I love this one. I just started doing it after owning my car for 4 years!)
3. Reuse take out containers. I do this consistently.
4. Utilize reusable bags for grocery and all of your other shopping. Keep them in your car.
5. Turn off the lights when you are not in a room.
Five simple tips that you can implement today! You can find more tips from Cox Communications on their social media pages, including Facebook, YouTube and Twitter.
Last week I had the opportunity to learn more about the conservation efforts of Cox Communications at the Cox Blogger luncheon.
Launched in 2007, Cox Conserves is the company's national sustainability program that is designed to reduce Cox Enterprises' carbon footprint by 20 percent. Cox Conserves seeks to reduce Cox Enterprises' energy consumption by embracing alternative energy, conserving natural resources and inspiring eco-friendly behavior. The program engages each of the company's major subsidiaries (Cox Communications, Manheim, Cox Media Group and AutoTrader.com) and encourages Cox Enterprises' more than 50,000 employees and their families to engage in eco-friendly practices. For more information, visit: http://www.coxconserves.com/
Here is a round-up of tweets from the luncheon.
And here is an infographic highlighting the work of Cox Conserves.
This is a sponsored post, all opinions are my own.