Wholesome Choices

I am all about healthy living but I am also realistic. I truly believe in everything in moderation and admittedly sometimes I am NOT very moderate. However, for the most part I to try to make healthy choices. So, I am partnering with McDonald’s on their Wholesome Choices Blogger Program! Over the next few weeks, I will be sharing my own tips and ideas for making more wholesome choices in your every day life. 


I'm sure your first response to this is MCDONALDS???!!!! Nothing healthy there! However, you might be surprised. After attending the kick-off last week I learned that there are a number of things on the menu under 300 calories. I actually had a yogurt parfait with fruit and granola which is 160 calories. I skipped the granola and left some of the fruit in the cup. I topped it off with a cup of water. For a quick snack this works for me, especially if I am busy running around and don't have time for breakfast. 






At the kickoff we also met Andrea Riggs author of Get Body Beautiful






She provided us with a few strength training exercises that are total body workouts, only take a few minutes and will be a wonderful addition to my running regiment. 






Over the next few weeks I will also be hitting LA Fitness to mix things up a bit. I can't wait to see how making small changes will effect my overall outcomes physically! 




You can follow McDonald’s on Twitter @McDonaldsATLand check out their website for real-time promos, meal ideas and how to make the most of your McDonald’s experience:http://www.mcdonalds.com/us/en/food/food_quality/nutrition_choices.html

McDonald’s partnered with bloggers such as me to participate in its “Wholesome Choices” Blogger Program.  As part of that program, I received compensation.  They did not tell me what to purchase or what to say about the products used, and believe that consumers and bloggers are free to form their own opinions and share them in their own words. McDonald’s policies align with WOMMA Ethics Code, FTC guidelines and social media engagement recommendations.

Comments

Popular Posts