As a parent I reconsidered the importance of my health.....

It is funny how being responsible for another individual changes your entire outlook on life. After giving birth to my son I quickly lost the baby weight and kept it off for most of the first year of his life. Although I wasn’t actively exercising, nursing my son and just being busy kept the weight off. However, before my pregnancy I’d been overweight so I should have focusing on trying to lose the pregnancy weight and some! When I stopped nursing I continued to eat as if I was still burning an extra 500 calories daily, a big no no. I soon tipped the scales at over 200 pounds!

You can read the rest of this post on ABC's Million Mom's Challenge page! While you are there leave a comment and be entered to win an exclusive Million Moms Challenge Gift Pack, which includes an iPad2, a custom-made Million Moms Challenge pendant and a donation in your name to Global Giving! Be sure to sign up for the Million Moms Challenge





Comments

Popular Posts