I'm a Mama Bear!



This is my favorite picture of my son and I.  Although we are living in the digital age, this was taken at an event and sadly I only have a hard copy (my apologies for the poor photo quality).  If I had it digitally I'd be sure to send this photo as my holiday card. They say there is nothing like a mother's love for her son and this photo epitomizes the love that we share for each other. It never ceases to amaze me when we are out around town and people ask if he is my only child. Apparently it is obvious that he is the love of my life and even when I am reprimanding him he clearly has me wrapped around his little finger! 


Momma Polar Bears are equally (if not more) protective of their cubs and the Arctic Home website has an interesting feature where you can learn facts about Polar Bears and actually track five live Momma Bears! The momma bears in the Arctic are on a mission to both protect and feed their cubs in their quickly diminishing environment. 


As a mama bear myself, I will do whatever it takes to ensure my son has the things he needs. Most recently he has taken to sleeping in the bed with me and although I know some frown upon co-sleeping, I figure he is only young once and at some point it will be difficult to even get a hug or kiss for him so I take advantage of all the cuddles I can get now!  For me this is going the extra mile because I enjoy having my bed to myself but we are currently in a major transition in our lives so this is the very least I can do for my son. And of course, I will always do more! 


What is your personal mama bear story? Share it here in my comments or tweet #arctichome with your story. Also, don't forget to purchase the special white mama bear coca-cola cans and make a donation to save the environment! 

Disclosure: Compensation was provided by Coca-Cola, but Coca-Cola is not a sponsor, administrator, or involved in any other way with this post. All opinions expressed in the post are my own and not those of Coca-Cola.




Comments

Popular Posts