ss_blog_claim=80281e8a6739f8d9e9a2abcd6c0ea72d

Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Hosea Feed the Hungry and the Homeless



There are numerous people in the Atlanta area who are hungry and homeless this Thanksgiving. Hosea Feed the Hungry is a non-profit organization that provides food and necessities to needy people in the Atlanta metro area. Every Thanksgiving they provide thousands of people with a meal, clothing, and grooming. I volunteered to set-up for the Martin Luther King day event earlier this year and am familiar with the work of Hosea Feed the Hungry.  When Walmart challenged me to buy a Thanksgiving meal for under $40 I immediately knew that I'd donate all of the food to Hosea Feed The Hungry. 


Not only was I able to get an entire Thanksgiving meal including a turkey, yams, collard greens, corn, stuffing, rice and a sweet potato pie - I was way under budget with a grand total of $29.08! Since I was donating the food I had to rely on some canned goods but I know that even with fresh produce I would have come in under budget. You too can go to Walmart for all of your Thanksgiving essentials and perhaps make a donation to your local food bank this holiday season! 

Disclosure: I am a Walmart mom and was compensated for this post but all of the opinions are 100% as usual!

No comments:

There was an error in this gadget
Blog Widget by LinkWithin
 
Clicky Web Analytics