Hosea Feed the Hungry and the Homeless



There are numerous people in the Atlanta area who are hungry and homeless this Thanksgiving. Hosea Feed the Hungry is a non-profit organization that provides food and necessities to needy people in the Atlanta metro area. Every Thanksgiving they provide thousands of people with a meal, clothing, and grooming. I volunteered to set-up for the Martin Luther King day event earlier this year and am familiar with the work of Hosea Feed the Hungry.  When Walmart challenged me to buy a Thanksgiving meal for under $40 I immediately knew that I'd donate all of the food to Hosea Feed The Hungry. 


Not only was I able to get an entire Thanksgiving meal including a turkey, yams, collard greens, corn, stuffing, rice and a sweet potato pie - I was way under budget with a grand total of $29.08! Since I was donating the food I had to rely on some canned goods but I know that even with fresh produce I would have come in under budget. You too can go to Walmart for all of your Thanksgiving essentials and perhaps make a donation to your local food bank this holiday season! 

Disclosure: I am a Walmart mom and was compensated for this post but all of the opinions are 100% as usual!

Comments

Popular Posts