An apple a day.....



Without a doubt my son is a picky eater. It started around the time he turned two and it hasn't gotten much better! It is so bad in fact, that presentation can determine whether or not he will eat a particular food. Earlier this week I prepared banana muffins and he loved them. But since I can only cook 6 at a time, I simply made one batch and also made a small loaf of banana bread.  Well, although he agreed to take muffins to school for lunch, he refused to touch the bread when the muffins were finished! He didn't touch the bread until he was completely starving for a snack!


See what I'm dealing with? 


Luckily enough, I can usually get him to eat a few staple fruits and veggies. And apples fall into that category. Although my favorite type of apple is Delicious, he pretty much will eat any type of apple, including granny smith. We were sent a sample of apples this week that I've never tried or heard of for that matter, SweeTango apples. And with good reason, it is a new apple that was first made available for the first time last fall. 


I have to say that this is one of the tastiest apples I have every had. It is sweet but not as sweet as the Delicious variety. My son loves the apples and has taken one to school every single day. I actually was going to prepare a recipe with the apples but sadly we devoured them before I could make something! 


These apples are available now at Walmart and I know I'll be headed there to get some more! 


Disclosure: I am a Walmart mom and was compensated for this post. As usual, all opinions are my own.

Comments

Dana said…
I just picked up some apples from Walmart. They were yummy.

Popular Posts