ss_blog_claim=80281e8a6739f8d9e9a2abcd6c0ea72d

Thursday, July 14, 2011

Mom Blogging for Dummies - I'm featured!






My friend Wendy Piersall has written a book called Mom Blogging For Dummies! It is the resource for you if you are interested in starting a blog, want to improve your current blog or are just interested in the whole Mom Blogging phenomena. I actually went to my favorite book seller the other day to pre-order my copy! Although I love to read on my iPad, I really want a hard copy of this book....because I'm featured as one of 10 blogging success stories! 

When Wendy asked me if I'd answer a questionnaire for inclusion in her book I had no idea that she was going to feature me in this way.  I honestly (honestly) never think of myself as a "successful" blogger. I simply feel that I've been blessed, have worked hard and as a result have had outstanding opportunities.  And this is nothing new for me, I am constantly thinking "I can do better, I must do better, I'm not doing enough" but a year or two ago Wendy pulled my coattail on this thinking.

We were on a panel together at a conference speaking about our individual blogging stories and self-promotion and Wendy called me the Queen of self-promotion! At the time I said "well, I don't really think so" but she helped me to understand that this is indeed a talent I have and it isn't negative.  When I reflected about it, I realized she was correct and I guess the difference between it being a negative vs. a positive is that since I've started blogging I analyzed the landscape and tried to figure out what I needed to do to make myself standout. Not in an obnoxious way but in a way that fits my personality and flows organically. 

I do believe that my desire to strive for more and continuously improve myself has been the driving force behind my "success" and I am honestly so grateful to Wendy for recognizing this quality in me and featuring me in her book. So, please - support Wendy and purchase Mom Blogging for Dummies! You can read all about my story and learn so many helpful tips about blogging. 

My copy comes in on Sunday and I will be displaying it proudly in my home! 

6 comments:

Sheliza said...

I just got a copy delivered and I can't wait to see you in there! Congrats girl!

Wendy Piersall said...

I'm so happy to have gotten the chance to feature you!! :)

But on a side note, I'm beyond depressed about the fact that one of your readers got a copy of my book before I DID. Imagine me with my pouty face on. ;)

Nikki @ Mommy Factor said...

Thats great. Congrats!

Brochures Printing said...

Congratulations Renee. I hope you success with this book and do wish you'll be publishing more books in the years to come. :)

AmandaDufau said...

That's awesome, Renee!
I may just get that book. I've been blogging for 7 years, but sometimes I feel like such a rookie. I know that there's still so much more I can do regarding my blog...
Thanks for the heads-up!

salma said...

I see your site ,and get found a lot of information in here and hope to see some more ,i think you can some more designs with the pics.....
print membership cards
clear cards

There was an error in this gadget
Blog Widget by LinkWithin
 
Clicky Web Analytics